MOTHERS AND CHILDREN?
Volunteering has wide ranging impact on the individuals who give of their time, the clients who get the direct benefit of that which is provided and by extension, their families and society at large. Volunteers who work with single moms and their kids play a critical role in empowering them, fostering social responsibility and building strong communities in which they can flourish.
Your help is needed because:
- Children growing up in single-parent families typically do not have the same economic or human resources available as those growing up in two-parent families.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to dropout of school.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to have or cause a teen pregnancy.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to experience a divorce in adulthood or have other lifestyle or financial issues.
- Of children born to single mothers in 2017, nearly two-thirds of the mothers were under the age of 30 and only earned minimum wage.
- In 2017, 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 are being raised without a father’s involvement.
Please help us beat these odds!