INTERESTED IN HELPING MOTHERS
Volunteering has wide ranging impact on the individuals who give of their time, the clients who get the direct benefit of that which is provided and by extension, their families and society at large. Volunteers who work with single moms and their kids play a critical role in empowering them, fostering social responsibility and building strong communities in which they can flourish.
Your help is needed because:
- Children growing up in single-parent families typically do not have the same economic or human resources available as those growing up in two-parent families.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to dropout of school.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to have or cause a teen pregnancy.
- Children raised in single-parent households are more likely to experience a divorce in adulthood or have other lifestyle or financial issues.
- Of children born to single mothers in 2017, nearly two-thirds of the mothers were under the age of 30 and only earned minimum wage.
- In 2017, 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 are being raised without a father’s involvement.
Please help us beat these odds!
Volunteers are the backbone of Diane’s Heart, Inc.. Their role is critical to the operation and advancement of the organization.
We have a variety of volunteer roles available. If you’re interested, click the button below to complete the application indicating your area of interest.
One key role is that of mentor because this vital talent pool is essential to the implementation of our coaching programs and they have such long-term and impactful benefits on the single moms we serve.